Project based learning with ICT
A 6th class teacher describes how her class created a video for SeaFest, in collaboration with TULCA and the Marine Institute’s Explorers Education Programme. The ICT project involves the use of various digital resources such as tablets, GoPros and Skype. More Info see: http://tulcafestival.com/marine-institute/
A class teacher describes how her class created a video for SeaFest, in collaboration with TULCA and the Marine Institute’s Explorers Education Programme. Pupils work together and with a visiting artist during weekly workshops. They also research and storyboard to gather information. The ICT project involves the use of various digital resources such as tablets, GoPros and Skype.
Courses that you might be interested in
Check out our online courses page to find courses relevant to this topic.
The following short tutorials will show you how to use apps featured in the video:
Digital Learning Framework
This video supports the following statements of the Digital Learning Framework (DLF):
Teaching & Learning (1. Learner Outcomes)
- 1.1 Pupils use appropriate digital technologies to foster active, creative and critical engagement in attaining challenging learning outcomes.
- 1.3 Pupils use digital technologies in highly effective ways to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding in accordance with the content objectives, learning outcomes, skills and concepts of the Primary School Curriculum.
Teaching & Learning (3. Teachers’ Individual Practice)
- 3.1 The teacher has the requisite subject knowledge, pedagogical knowledge and classroom management skills.
- Teachers use a range of digital technologies to design learning and assessment activities for their pupils.
- Teachers design or adapt learning experiences that incorporate digital technologies and make learning activities relevant and meaningful to support pupils’ learning. When teachers use digital learning activities, they evaluate their effectiveness, and revise their teaching strategies accordingly.
Visit DL Planning to explore what other areas of the DLF are supported in this video, and to help you to plan for digital learning in your class.