Using Tablets for Number in Maths
A 1st class teacher describes using tablets to support teaching and learning in maths. The class learn about Place Value through a mixture of hands-on activities and apps. The apps used in the video are Pieces Basic and Twinkl 100 Square.
A class teacher describes using tablets to support teaching and learning in maths. Pupils learn about Place Value through working at stations with iPads and hands on activities. The apps used for skills development in Mathematics include Pieces Basic and Twinkl 100 Square. Pupils problem solve and collaborate within four grouped stations. Peer assessment is evident as well as a fun competitive element within activities. Pupils used the Book Creator app to capture their learning and show one another what they have achieved during the lesson.
Courses that you might be interested in
Check out our online courses page to find courses relevant to this topic.
The following short tutorials will show you how to use apps featured in the video:
Digital Learning Framework
This video supports the following statements of the Digital Learning Framework (DLF):
Teaching & Learning (1. Learner Outcomes)
- 1.1 Pupils use appropriate digital technologies to foster active, creative and critical engagement in attaining challenging learning outcomes.
- 1.3 Pupils use digital technologies in highly effective ways to develop their knowledge, skills and understanding in accordance with the content objectives, learning outcomes, skills and concepts of the Primary School Curriculum.
Teaching & Learning (3. Teachers’ Individual Practice)
- 3.1 The teacher has the requisite subject knowledge, pedagogical knowledge and classroom management skills.
- Teachers use a range of digital technologies to design learning and assessment activities for their pupils.
- Teachers design or adapt learning experiences that incorporate digital technologies and make learning activities relevant and meaningful to support pupils’ learning. When teachers use digital learning activities, they evaluate their effectiveness, and revise their teaching strategies accordingly.
Visit DL Planning to explore what other areas of the DLF are supported in this video, and to help you to plan for digital learning in your class.