Worldbook Arlíne i nGaelscoil
A 5th class teacher describes how she uses the Irish version of Worldbook Online with her class to conduct a history project. Worldbook Online is available via the Scoilnet website and can be translated to Gaeilge (Select cc button in video playbar for English subtitles).
5th class teacher discusses the use of WorldBook online to teach history lessons in a gaelscoil. Pupils engage in a mentimeter KWL as a whole class on their Chromebooks . They then work in groups to complete presentations of different people in history using GoogleSlides. Pupils present their work to the class and receive feedback via Mentimeter.
Courses that you might be interested in
The following short tutorials will show you how to use apps featured in the video:
Digital Learning Framework
This video supports the following statements of the Digital Learning Framework (DLF):
Teaching & Learning (1. Learner Outcomes)
- 1.4 Pupils achieve the stated learning objectives for the term and year
- Pupils are provided with personal feedback and differentiated support based on evidence gathered using a range of methods including digital technologies.
- Pupils and/or parents use digital technologies to access information on learners’ performance, in a safe and ethical way.
Teaching & Learning (2. Learner Experiences)
- 2.4 Pupils experience opportunities to develop the skills and attitudes necessary for lifelong learning.
- Pupils have opportunities to apply their digital competence in new situations or contexts and have an age appropriate understanding of how digital technology can support lifelong learning.
Visit DL Planning to explore what other areas of the DLF are supported in this video, and to help you to plan for digital learning in your class.